Updated April 11, 2023
Who we are
The mission of the TREO Foundation is to end obesity, by increasing the scientific and public understanding of metabolic and bariatric surgery and expanding access to one of the most underutilized treatments in medicine. Learn More
14260 W Newberry Road, #418
Newberry, FL, 32669
Phone: +1 352-332-9100
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal information refers to the information we use to identify or contact you. We collect information you submit when you use our interactive tools and services. We may collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you visit or use our online systems, whether web-based or mobile, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), professional details, and limited location information.
- We may capture the IP address and type of the device you use to connect to online services, the type of operating system and the browser you use, information about the site you came from, the parts of our online services you access, the type of mobile device you use, and the site you visit next.
- When you register for or use certain interactive tools (i.e. online forms, Find a Provider Search) and services
- When you sign-up for newsletters, emails, or other communications from us
- When you participate in online surveys
- When you provide personal information in a community area or other public forum
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing payments and donations
- Verifying your identity (when you access your account)
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you
- Managing your preferences
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages you view
- Providing tailored content and marketing messages
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our programs
- Including developing new products and services
- Improving existing products and services
- Performing data analytics
- Performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, while permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
What We Disclose to Others
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Credit card processing companies, to process your payments and donations
- Other websites in an effort to bring you improved service across our large range of member and patient benefits, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations
- Other similar charities
How Can I Revoke My Consent?
If you want to be removed from all TREO communications, excluding information regarding your membership, please contact the TREO office in one of three ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Remove Me From List” and you will be removed from non-member communications within 3 days.
- Call the TREO Foundation Office at 352-332-9100 to ask to be removed from the list and you will be removed from non-member communications within 3 days.
- Mail your information to
14260 W. Newberry Road #418
Newberry, FL 32669